This two-day trekking tour will give you the opportunity to explore the remote areas by kayaking, trekking and joining camping activities in the dense tropical forests of Ba Be National Park, where you can experience the wild beauty of the old forest. This invigorating tour is a great choice for nature lovers who have moderate to good fitness and are adventurous.
- Jungle trek inside Ba Be National Park and walk through river
- Explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be
- Visit some local family of H’Mong ethnic people
- Picnic lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people on day 1 & lunch within a pictures – perfect riverside restaurant on day 2
- Visit the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people
- Do the boat trip on Nang river
- Visit the legend An Ma temple in the middle of Ba Be Lake
- Discover a magnificent Puong Cave in Ba Be National Park system
- Swim in a pretty natural freshwater lake
2 days 1 night
Level of difficulty:
20 – 25km trek
Percentage of trekking:
Jungle 60%, trail 40%
150m – 600m
Small group tour:
08:00 AM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
05:00 PM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
Day 1: Kayaking and Camping on Ba Be lake (L, D)
At 7:30 am, your local guide will pick you up from your hotel or meet you at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be office at Bo Lu before starting your exciting day in Ba Be National Park. A motor tour will bring you to Boc Lom pier to learn how to paddle a kayak on rivers, take the dry bags, sports equipment and life jackets... Kayaking along the riverside is the most enjoyable experience, you will continue to travel down the Nang River to explore the huge Puong cave and then see Dau Dang Waterfall before having lunch at a nearby riverside village restaurant. Total 11 km paddle.
After lunch, you will paddle upstream to Ba Be Lake, then stop at the camping site. We will spend the night on the banks of Ba Be Lake with a barbecue in the middle of the forest.
Day 2: Trekking in the Jungle (B, L)
After a night in the forest and having breakfast on the banks of Ba Be Lake, you continue the trip with a trail in the core area of Ba Be National Park. This area is extremely remote and few people visit, first, you will climb through a canyon and some muddy roads, then you will pass some cliffs and jungle, as well as many different forest canopy of different forms and typical tropics vegetation. Maybe you will meet some animals, birds or reptiles...even cows, horses or pigs of habitants also get lost here. Black Hmong ethnic minority villages locate at the top of the mountains, where most of the elderly cannot speak Vietnamese and communicate by using body language. People work on cornfields and terraced fields. You can stop for lunch at a homestay when going down the mountain. You can also spend some time with the children in a highland school before returning to the lakeside village. Tour ends here.
- Accommodation overnight at the tents
- Experienced local English-speaking guide.
- Kayak, dry bags, sports equipment and life jackets
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- No extra charge after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
What to take:
+ Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
+ It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Have a good journey!