This two-day kayaking and trekking tour takes you from the peaceful shores of Ba Be Lake into thick tropical forests of Ba Be National Park, where you can experience the wild beauty of the jungle. This invigorating tour is great for nature lovers with a moderate to good level of fitness and a keen sense of adventure.
- Jungle trek inside Ba Be National Park and walk through river
- Explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be
- Cross Pelu Stream and navigate some steep terrain
- Visit some local family of H’Mong ethnic people
- Picnic lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people
- Visit the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people
- Do kayaking tour on Nang river
- Discover a magnificent Puong Cave in Ba Be National Park system
- Swim in a pretty natural freshwater lake
2 days 1 night
Level of difficulty:
20 – 25km trek
Percentage of trekking:
Jungle 60%, trail 40%
150m – 600m
Small group tour:
08:00 AM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
05:00 PM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
Day 1: Kayaking and Trekking (L, D)
At 7:30 am, your local guide will pick you up from your hotel or meet you at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be office at Bo Lu before starting your exciting day in Ba Be National Park. A motor tour will bring you to Boc Lom pier to learn how to paddle a kayak on rivers, take the dry bags, sports equipment and life jackets... Kayaking along the riverside is the most enjoyable experience, you will continue to travel down the Nang River to explore the huge Puong cave and then see Dau Dang Waterfall before having lunch at a nearby riverside village restaurant. Total 11 km paddle.
After lunch, you will cross the Nang River and pass through some steep terrain with many cat ears cliffs. This forest is very dense and has many tall trees, but when you climb up, you will start to see beautiful views of the mountains. When going further to the highlands, you will stop at a village of the Hmong ethnic group and across the border in Tuyen Quang province. Continue trekking more than 4 km, you will see the house of the Dao ethnic people where you will spend the night here with happy water.
Day 2: Trekking to Ba Be lake (B, L)
After a frugal breakfast and leaving the ethnic minority's home, you continue to walk along the trails in the buffer zone of Ba Be National Park. You will see ethnic people working in the cornfields and terraced fields when going down the mountain. You can spend a little time joining the fun with the kids in a highland school where all students from grade 1 to grade 5 share a classroom Walking a few more kilometres to go deep into the bamboo forest and going down to Ba Be Lake, you will have a military lunch in the middle of the forest before returning to the lakeside village. Tour ends here.
- Accommodation overnight at Homestay
- Experienced local English-speaking guide.
- Kayak, dry bags, sports equipment and life jackets
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- No extra charge after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
What to take:
+ Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
+ It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Have a good journey!