1. Private car transfers
Mr Linh's Adventures
2. Shuttle bus Hanoi - Ba Be National Park
can organise private
car transfers from Hanoi to Ba Be NP from US $110 for 7-seat car (one way). Please contact us via our hotline number: (+84) 98 6016 068.
Mr Linh's Adventures
Bus price: US $15/person/way
Hanoi - Ba Be National Park (5 hours)
can support you in booking your seat in the local shuttle bus from US $15 per way and per passenger. Meeting point and off near Ba Be Lake.
- Pick up: 12:30 PM at 204 Tran Quang Khai Street, Trang Tien Ward, Hanoi
04:00 PM at 204 Tran Quang Khai Street, Trang Tien Ward, Hanoi
- off: 05:30 PM at the North wharf of Ba Be Lake*
09:00 PM at the North wharf of Ba Be Lake*
* From the wharf you can call your homestay or hotel host to come and pick you up by boat or motorbike to get to your accommodation.
Ba Be National Park - Hanoi (5 hours)
- Pick up: 06:20 AM at North wharf of Ba Be Lake
07:40 AM at North wharf of Ba Be Lake
- off: 11:20 AM at 204 Tran Quang Khai Street, Trang Tien Ward, Hanoi
12:40 PM at 204 Tran Quang Khai Street, Trang Tien Ward, Hanoi
+84 9 860 160 68
3. Local bus
(The bus operators will make every effort to operate according to published schedules. However, the travel route can change depending on local conditions.)
ROUTE: My Dinh Station (10:00 AM) - Cho Don Town (04:00 PM) - Bo Lu Village (05:00 PM)
You should get to MY DINH BUS STATION at 09:30 AM and look for a local bus (Thuong Nga company) to CHO DON TOWN. This can be found at gate no.33. This is the only one that will take you directly to CHO DON via THAI NGUYEN CITY, # 29B11637, leaving at 10:00 AM.
Another minivan from the same company will take you to Ba Be lake-shore (Ba Be Tourism Centre).
- Sapa, Lao Cai Station (05:00 PM) - Thai Nguyen in a sleeping bus (06:00 AM) or Bang Lung (10:00 AM)
- Buy a ticket for the night bus to Thai Nguyen from Lao Cai Station.
- Buses usually stop every 1 or 2 hours. They are sometimes chilly with A/C.
- Arrive at Thai Nguyen bus station at 06:30 AM the next morning (you can get breakfast at a local restaurant).
NOTE: There will be many cars or local buses at the bus station saying 'Ba Be' and they will try to persuade you to use their transport. However, they will not take you to all the way to Ba Be National Park but only to Cho Ra town which is 20 km short of the park and then you'll have to hire a motorbike to the park or pay a substantial extra bus fare.
The bus that will take you all the way to Ba Be National Park is a white one THUONG NGA #20k8496. It departs at about 08:20 AM. This bus should take you to Cho Don Town where you will transfer another bus before you are let off at Nam Cuong Market, about 2km from Ba Be Tourism Centre.
From Cao Bang
Cao Bang (07:00 AM) - Phu Thong Town (11:30 AM) or Bo Lu Village (02:00 PM)
- At Cao Bang bus station, look for a bus to Thai Nguyen or Hanoi. However, please ask the bus driver to let you off at Phu Thong to catch another bus to Ba Be (Cho Ra).
- From Phu Thong there are buses to Cho Ra every hour.
- At Cho Ra look for a “Xe Om”, (a motorbike taxi) that will take you to Bo Lu village (Ba Be lake-shore).
Ha Giang (06:00 AM) - Bo Dau Town (01:00 PM) - Cho Ra Town - Bo Lu Village (motorbike taxi)
Map of Ba Be National Park