Ba Be National Park is centred on a vast lake surrounded by chalky karsts and thick tropical jungles. This trip will take you deep into Ba Be National Park and let you float on the waters of Ba Be Lake. On this two-day tour, you will experience local hospitality from an ethnic minority family, go on a tranquil river trip, explore caves and see the landscape change from rice farms to forests to towering mountains.
- Jungle trek inside Ba Be National Park and walk through river
- Explore the diverse and beautiful landscapes of Ba Be
- Cross Pelu Stream and navigate some steep terrain
- Visit some local family of H’Mong ethnic people
- Picnic lunch with traditional food is prepared by the local people on day 1 & lunch within a pictures – perfect riverside restaurant on day 2
- Visit the stilt houses and school of the Dzao people
- Do the boat trip on Nang river
- Visit the legend An Ma temple in the middle of Ba Be Lake
- Discover a magnificent Puong Cave in Ba Be National Park system
- Swim in a pretty natural freshwater lake
2 days 1 night
Level of difficulty:
20 – 25km trek
Percentage of trekking:
Jungle 60%, trail 40%
150m – 600m
Small group tour:
08:00 AM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
05:00 PM at Mr Linh's Adventures - Ba Be
Day 1: Ba Be National Park sightseeing tour (L,D)
At 7:30am, your local guide will pick you up from your hotel or meet you at Mr Linh Adventures - Ba Be office in Bo Lu before starting an exciting day in Ba Be National Park
. Firstly, we drive to Pac Ngoi
, a village of the Tay people where stilt houses are built in the traditional style. You walk through the village to learn about the life of the people in the Ba Be lake area. Drive further to Hua Ma cave
, through the field, this is a dry cave with numerous stalactites like a forest of rocks, but to conquer this cave, you have to climb more than 300 steps. A beautiful valley behind the mountains is Na Slai village
where there is another Tay village and a high waterfall falls from the top of the mountain. You can swim in this waterfall and have lunch in a traditional local restaurant here. Return to Ba Be lake to take a walk and visit ancient caves, the 2km forest patrol trail, before reaching the wharf you can do a kayaking tour and relax. Then, you will sleep one night at Mr Linh's Homestay
with BBQ dinner..
Day 2: Boat tour on Ba Be Lake (B, L)
7:30am, after breakfast, you will pick up by boat, the boatman will take you around the first part of Ba Be lake called Pe Lam, then cross around two islands of Po Gia Mai. The boatman will then take you along the lakeside to watch the bunches of ancient tree roots hanging down to the water. Huge and long. Next, the area of lake two and lake three are smaller, the yellow monkeys often come down to drink and catch fish, it is crystal clear and deep water here. Straight to Nang river at the end of the lake, the boatman will move up the river to Puong Cave, this is a very large cave with a large mouth and many giant stalactites, in a dark corner the home of thousands of bats. On the other part of the dry cave above have found archaeological remains of prehistoric people living here. You will continue down the Nang River, the boatman will stop at a riverside to visit a Tay ethnic village, a walking tour through the village to see how people here work on the fields. Reaching Dau Dang Waterfall, we have lunch at a nearby riverside village restaurant. Returning to Ba Be Lake, you will visit An Ma Temple and then take a short trek through the jungle and reach the harbour. If you still have energy, you can do a kayaking tour. Ends tour.
- Accommodation overnight at Homestay
- Experienced local English-speaking guide.
- Kayak, dry bags, sports equipment and life jackets
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets.
- No extra charge after confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
What to take:
+ Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, comfortable walking shoes. Take a small day pack for hiking and trekking.
+ It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. We also recommend packing: insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat and sun hat...
Have a good journey!